Athens – Santorini – Delphi – Kalabaka – Meteora – Olympia – Nafplio – Chios – Kusadasi – Cappadocia – Istanbul
- A complete, all inclusive and exotic 15 days tour through the islands of Greece and the enigmatic Turkey with maximum quality sightseeing and minimum travelling time.
- Daily buffet breakfasts in the hotel
- Local/Western/Vegetarian lunches as per the itinerary
- Daily Indian/local vegetarian/non vegetarian dinners as per the itinerary
- Stay at well appointed, conveniently located hotels throughout.
- Stay 02 nights in Athens
- Enjoy a guided tour of the capital of Greece
- Visit the Acropolis
- See the Parthenon
- Visit the Acropolis Museum
- Stay 02 nights on the popular island of Santorini
- Enjoy a walking tour of Fira
- Visit Therassia
- Relax in the therapeutic hot springs
- Enjoy a magnificent sunset at Oia
- Stay 01 night in Kalabaka
- Explore the UNESO listed site of Delphi with a guide
- Visit the Archeological Museum at Delphi
- See the Charioteer of Delphi and the Sphinx of Naxos
- Visit 2 monasteries in Meteora suspended between earth and sky
- See priceless historical and religious treasures.
- Stay 01 night in Olympia
- Visit the ancient stadium, where the first Olympics were held
- Visit the Olympic museum
- Tour the ancient Greek capital of Nafplio
- See the fortress of Palamidi and the castle of Bourtzi
- Visit the ancient theatre and museum of Epidaurus
- An exciting new addition!! Stay 02 nights in Chios
- Chios an ancient shipbuilding port, now known for its agricultural delights.
- Visit the Citrus Museum
- Visit the Mastic Museum
- Full day tour of the island of Chios
- Visit the picturesque coastal town of Vrontados
- See the Byzantine castle of Volissos
- Admire the impressive Anavatos tower
- Walk upto the Trachill watchtower for some splendid views
- Visit to the Nea Moni monastery – another UNESCO site.
- Stay 02 nights at the scenic seaside town of Kusadasi with its myriad, lively cafes.
- Enjoy a full day tour to Pamukkale
- Visit the Cotton Fortress
- Tour the ancient city of Hierapolis with its large Nekropol
- Visit the house of Virgin Mary on Nightingale Hill
- Guided tour of Ephesus with the impressive Library of Celsus
- Stay 02 nights in the Cappadocia region.
- Visit the underground city of Kaymakli and the citadel of Uchisar
- Visit the Goreme open air museum
- See the fairy chimneys at Pasabag Valley
- Enjoy a carpet weaving and pottery making tour in Avanos.
- Stay 02 nights in the capital city of Turkey – Istanbul, an eclectic mix of the East and West!
- Guided tour of the city of Istanbul
- Visit the Topkapi Palace
- See the Blue Mosque with its 6 minarets
- Travel through time at the Hagia Sophia museum
- Visit the Grand Covered bazaar with 4000 shops
- Visit the spice market for an opportunity to buy local spices like Nene, Sumac and Pul Biber.
- Enjoy the Bosphorous Cruise
- All internal flights in Greece included
- Ferry from Greece to Turkey included
- Services of a professional and experienced tour manager throughout the tour.
Download Tour Details
TOUR COST PER PERSON ON TWIN SHARING BASIS : US$ 2660.00
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT : US$ 955.00
SUBJECT TO MINIMUM 25 PASSENGERS TRAVELLING TOGETHER THROUGHOUT:
DEPARTURE DATES IN 2021:
August. : 25
October. : 17
November : 11
WHAT YOUR TOUR COST INCLUDES:
SIGHTSEEINGS & EXCURSIONS:
Athens : Guided tour of the capital of Greece
: Visit the Acropolis
: See the Parthenon
: Visit the Acropolis Museum
Santorini : Walking tour of Fira
: Visit Therassia
: Relax in the therapeutic hot springs
: Enjoy a magnificent sunset at Oia
Delphi : Explore the UNESO listed site of Delphi with a guide
: Visit the Archeological Museum
: See the Charioteer of Delphi and the Sphinx of Naxos
Kalabaka : Visit 2 monasteries in Meteora suspended between earth and sky
: See priceless historical and religious treasures.
Olympia : Visit the ancient stadium, where the first Olympics were held
: Visit the Olympic museum
Nafplio : Tour of this ancient, romantic seaport town – first capital of Greece
: See the fortress of Palamidi and the castle of Bourtzi
Epidaurus : Visit the ancient theatre and museum.
Chios : ALL NEW!!! – Chios an ancient shipbuilding port, now known for its agricultural delights.
: Visit the Citrus Museum
: Visit the Mastic Museum
: Full day tour of the island of Chios
: Visit the picturesque coastal town of Vrontados
: See the Byzantine castle of Volissos
: Admire the impressive Anavatos tower
: Walk up to the Trachill watchtower for some splendid views
: Visit to the Nea Moni monastery – another UNESCO site.
Kusadasi : Stay at the scenic seaside town of Kusadasi with its myriad cafes.
Pamukkale : Enjoy a full day tour to Pamukkale
: Visit the Cotton Fortress
: Tour the ancient city of Hierapolis with its large Nekropol
Ephesus : Visit the house of Virgin Mary on Nightingale Hill
: Guided tour of Ephesus with the impressive Library of Celsus
Cappadocia : Visit the underground city of Kaymakli and the citadel of Uchisar
: Visit the Goreme open air museum
: See the fairy chimneys at Pasabag Valley
: Enjoy a carpet weaving tour in Avanos.
Istanbul : Guided tour of the city
: Visit the Topkapi Palace
: See the Blue Mosque with its 6 minarets
: Journey through time at the Hagia Sophia museum
: Visit the Grand Covered bazaar with 4000 shops
: Visit the spice market for an opportunity to buy local spices like Nene, Sumac and Pul Biber.
: Enjoy the Bosphorous Cruise
- One night in Athens at the Tiare hotel or similar
- Two nights in Santorini at the Splendour hotel or similar.
- One night in Kalabaka at the Grand Meteora hotel or similar.
- One night in Olympia at Olympia Village hotel or similar.
- One night in Athens at the Tiare hotel or similar
- Two nights in Chios at Chandris hotel or similar.
- Two nights in Kusadasi at the Charisma Deluxe Hotel or similar
- Two nights in Cappadocia at the Ramada Hotel or similar
- Two nights in Istanbul at the Sheraton City Centre or similar.
- Greece :
- Daily buffet breakfast in the hotel except on Day 01
- 7 local lunches at restaurants
- 4 local dinners in the hotel
- 4 Indian dinners at restaurants
- Daily buffet breakfast in the hotel except on Day 01
- 6 local lunches at restaurants
- 4 local dinners in the hotel
- 2 dinners in Istanbul at Indian restaurants
- All transportation and extensive sightseeing will be conducted by a deluxe airconditioned vehicle
- Flight from Athens to Santorini with 1 checked in bag allowance (23 kgs)
- Flight from Santorini to Athens with 1 checked in bag allowance (23 kgs)
- Flight from Athens to Chios with 1 checked in bag allowance (23 kgs)
- Ferry from Chios to Cesme (Turkey)
- City tax or accommodation tax payable at hotels in Greece is included.
- Porterage of bag per person (23 kgs) at hotels only.
MINERAL WATER & TIPS
- Two bottles (500 ml each) mineral water per person per day
- Tips to drivers and guides
- Services of an experienced and professional tour manager to accompany the group
WHAT YOUR TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Cost of International airtickets
- Cost of Domestic airtickets to travel within Turkey
- Cost of Transfer: for individual arrival & departure transfer in case you have opted for deviation OR due to flight delay OR purchase separate ticket on own & not traveling under our tour cost option with international flights.
- Cost of Visa
- Early Check in / Late Check out.
- Medical/Travel Insurance.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as porterage, laundry, wines, mineral water during meals, food and drink not in the regular menu provided by us, mini bar, telephone calls, pay channels etc.
- Meals other than what is mentioned in your itinerary
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides availed of by the passengers, other than that mentioned in ‘What your tour price includes’
- Group is operated subject to minimum 25 full paying guests travelling together throughout.
- Porterage at airports and hotels
- A transaction fee of 3.5% if paying by credit card
- All tours will be operated subject to the indicated minimum number of full paying passengers traveling together.
- Check for detailed booking Terms and Conditions in our booking form.
- Updating of mileage is subject to airlines terms & conditions in group fare.
- We request the airlines for your preferred seats however this is as per their policy and at their discretion to confirm the same.
- Keeping in mind size of the luggage compartment of coach and internal flight regulations, we strongly recommend you to carry only medium size bag of 20kg and 1 carry-on bag of 5 kg per person.
POINTS TO BE NOTED
- Any damages caused to the hotel rooms/coach during your stay, shall be payable by the passengers. Air Tours will not be liable for the same.
- The Organisation shall not accept any liability or responsibility for any damages, loss, injury, accident, death, delay, breakdown or irregularity which may occur in carrying out of the tour arrangement.
- Airtours Holidays management reserves the right to claim any additional expenses due to delay or changes in train, plane, bus, ship or other services, weather conditions, strikes, war, quarantine and any other cause whatsoever and all such loss or expenses must be borne by the passengers.
- Airtours Holidays, reserve the right to amend, alter, vary or withdraw any particular departure, excursion advertised or substitute a hotel of similar class if deemed advisable or necessary.
- For the convenience of our passengers, we will sometimes amend the itinerary, however all the other services will remain the same.
- The tour cost is a combination of all the arrangement and hence cannot be calculated on individual service basis. Tour cost is one component and not calculated individually.
- Single Room Supplement charges will be applicable in case any of a guest cancelling a reservation sharing room together.
- Air Tours will not be liable for any loss of baggage by the Airline.
- Please refer to the booking form for detailed ‘Terms and Conditions’.
It’s very important to find out BEFORE you leave whether or not your medical insurance will cover you overseas. Your regular U.S. health insurance may not cover doctors’ and hospital visits in other countries. ALWAYS LOOK INTO THE ASPECTS OF COVERING YOUR TRIP FOR UNFORSEEN EVENTS.
PLEASE NOTE : Surcharges may apply for specific dates such as National holidays and/or local festivities depending on the final date of travel.
Day 1: Arrive to Greece – Welcome to Athens!
Welcome to Athens and embark on your exciting holiday as you arrive into the Greek Capital. You will be met by your Tour Manager and transferred from Athens airport to a local restaurant for a lovely Indian dinner. Thereafter you will be transferred to your hotel for check in.
Overnight in Athens (D)
Day 2: Athens city tour – Santorini. Walking tour of Fira
Breakfast and get ready for the most amazing city tour through history that gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts which make Athens such a fascinating city!! First stop at Acropolis with the Architectural Masterpieces in the world of the Golden Age of Athens: The Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally “the harmony between material and spirit”, the monument that “puts order in the mind”, the Parthenon. Only 300m. away from the sacred rock of Acropolis stands the impressive New Acropolis Museum where atleast 4000 priceless statues found their home and admire the wonders of the classical era. Enjoy a local lunch and transfer to the airport to board your afternoon flight to Santorini, which is truly one of the most astounding places in the world. On arrival in Santorini, transfer to your hotel and relax. Later, enjoy a walking tour of Fira. Enjoy an Indian dinner.
Overnight in Santorini (B,LL,D)
Day 3: Relax in the therapeutic hot springs. Visit Thirassia, enjoy a sunset at Oia.
After breakfast this morning, enjoy the most popular tour in Santorini, a boat trip to the volcano and hot springs. Walk on top of a still active volcano, see the caldera villages from an impressive spot and then we sail around the islet by boat. Stop for a swim at the bathing beach of Palea Kameni where the hot waters reach a temperature of 35oC. Swim in thermal water with therapeutic ingredients. Then, sailing above the sub-marine crater, we reach the islet of Thirassia, where we will enjoy lunch. After Thirassia, we continue to Oia to see the magical sunset. We can stroll around this lovely town and feel its magnificent vibes and thereafter we will head for an Indian dinner.
Overnight in Santorini. (B,LL,D)
Day 4: Santorini – Athens – Delphi – Kalabaka
After breakfast, we will transfer to Santorini airport and fly you to Athens. On arrival, get set for a ride to Delphi. At Delphi, immerse yourself in the myths and monuments of classical Greece. Explore the UNESCO-listed archeological site of Delphi and learn how the city was considered the ‘Center of the World’ in ancient Greece. Stand in awe before the dramatically situated Temple of Apollo, and then discover long-lost wonders at the Delphi Archeological Museum, including the Charioteer of Delphi and the Sphinx of Naxos. Enjoy lunch. Later, transfer to Kalabaka. Enjoy dinner at the Hotel.
Overnight in Kalabaka. (B,LL,LD)
Day 5: Kalabaka – Meteora – Olympia
After breakfast, time to check out and visit another Classical Greece highlight – Meteora with its impressive scenery, ageless monasteries (2), suspended between earth and sky. The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the monks. Inside the Byzantine Monasteries see priceless historical and religious treasures. Lunch at Meteora. Transfer to Olympia. Enjoy Dinner at the Hotel.
Overnight in Olympia. (B,LL,LD)
Day 6: Olympia – Nafplio – Ancient Theater of Epidavros – Athens
After breakfast, check out and proceed on a sightseeing of Olympia. Visit the stadium and museum. In the western Peloponnese, in the “Valley of Gods”, lies the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece and the birthplace of the most important athletic mega-event of all times; the Olympic Games. At ancient Olympia standing are the impressive ruins of the area where athletes trained. Run in the ancient stadium; just as the ancient Olympians did after their victory 3000 years ago. Also visit the museum and get a chance to see some unbelievable sculptures such as the sculpted decoration of the temple of Zeus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the famous Hermis of Praxiteles and the statue of Nike of Paionios. Next visit Nafplio, an old & romantic seaport town which was the first capital of Greece after the Greek Revolution in 1821 until 1834. You will be lost in the picturesque streets of the old town admiring old classical governmental buildings, especially in the Constitution Square. At Nafplio is located the fortress of Palamidi which is standing on a hill 216 meters high in Acronafplia. In the middle of the harbor of Nafplio is a small island, which houses the famous castle Bourtzi. After a delicious local lunch, next stop is the ancient Epidaurus. Explore the archaeological area of the Sanctuary of Asklepios, famous for its acoustic ancient theatre & the archaeological museum. Thereafter head to Athens.
Enjoy an Indian Dinner tonight.
Overnight in Athens. (B,LL,D)
Day 7: Athens – Chios island
After breakfast take the morning flight to Chios island. Arrival at Omiros International Airport, welcome to Chios! At the eastern borders of Greece, the island of Chios is a hidden gem for everyone who wants to explore its history and authentic culture. Chios is the fifth largest Greek island, floating in the Aegean Sea. With a territory of about 842 km2. The island offers pristine beaches with cooling waters, long-stretching valleys, high mountains for hikers, deep caves for adventurers and magical gorges carved by fast-flowing rivers. Chios once had a booming shipping industry but today its primary industries are mostly agricultural with citrus, olives, figs, cherries and of course, mastic being the main crops. Our guide will be waiting for us at the airport to start our tour. Start with a visit to the Citrus Museum. The Citrus Museum has been established in a unique mansion of 1742. “Citrus memory scent” was created aiming to highlight the history of Kampos and its citrus orchards.
Thereafter, head to the Mastic Museum. The Chios Mastic Museum is dedicated to Chios Mastiha (or gum mastic), the unique product that has shaped the natural and human environment of the Mastichochoria area of southern Chios, as well as the productive and economic history of the island. Mastiha is the aromatic resin of the lentisk tree. We will be guided inside the museum, also we will have the chance to taste and buy mastic souvenirs. Continue to the Botanic garden of Aegean. Lunch at a local restaurant.
Hotel check in and time for freshen up.
In the afternoon, we enjoy a Chios town city tour. Chios town is the capital and main port of Chios located in the eastern coast of the island. With various schools, a university, and some cultural centres, Chios Town is the administrative, spiritual, cultural, business and educational centre of the island. With our guide we will have an unforgettable city tour of the capital. Enjoy a local dinner
Overnight in Chios.(B,LL,LD)
Day 8: Chios Full day
Breakfast at the hotel. Thereafter embark on a full day tour starting with Vrontados, which is a coastal town located among fruit trees and gardens. Continue to Volissos Castle a beautiful and relatively well-maintained Byzantine castle at the NW side of Chios island, on a hill above the village of Volissos. Admire the Anavatos tower. It is quite impressive as it plunges into a large granite rock at the top of the cliff. Although it is a deserted village, it still preserves its history, a sensation often encountered by visitors when wandering through its stone-paved streets.
After our lunch continue to the Trachili watchtower on the west coast of Chios island. A short walk to watchtower will reward you with wonderful view. Finally, visit the Nea Moni Monastery, one of the oldest monasteries in Greece, located in the center of Chios island. It is listed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List. At the end of our full day tour, before we reach the hotel, we will have some free time in Chios capital to soak in the atmosphere of this small town and also hunt for some local souvenirs. Enjoy a local dinner.
Overnight in Chios. (B,LL,LD)
Day 9: Chios – Cesme (Turkey). Onto Kusadasi
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the port to board the ferry to Cesme in Turkey. After lunch, check into your hotel The rest of the evening is free at leisure. Enjoy Dinner.
Overnight in Kusadasi. (B,LL,LD)
Day 10: Visit Pamukkale Cotton Fortress. See City of Hierapolis and Nekropol
After breakfast at the hotel drive to Pamukkale for a full-day tour. Visit Pamukkale Cotton Fortress with its travertine and ancient City of Hierapolis which has the biggest Nekropol with 1200 gravestones in Anatolia. After a Local lunch return back to Kusadasi. Enjoy Dinner.
Overnight in Kusadasi (B, LL, LD)
Day 11: Sightseeing of Ephesus. Onto Cappadocia.
After breakfast, Visit house of Virgin Mary, Ephesus, ruins of Odeon, Hercules Gate, Fantastic Greco-Roman Theatre and Basilica of St. John.
Later, after Lunch, proceed to airport for your flight to Cappadocia. (Flight Cost not included). On arrival at Kayseri Airport, drive to the mysterious Cappadocia. Relax in your hotel and enjoy dinner in the comforts of your hotel.
Overnight in Cappadocia (B,LL,LD)
Day 12: City sights of Cappadocia. Visit Carpet Atelier, Kaymakli Underground City, Uchisar, Goreme Open – Air Museum and PasabagValley.
After breakfast at the hotel, proceed for sightseeing of this unique corner of the world. Morning visit to Carpet Atelier and witness a demonstration carpet weaving. After local lunch visit to Goreme Open Air Museum and Citadel of Uchisar. Visit the Kaymakli Underground City, Pigeon Valley and Avanos Region. Enjoy a local Dinner.
Overnight in Cappadocia. (B,LL,LD)
Day 13: On to Istanbul. Guided city tour of Istanbul – Visit Topkapi Palace.
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and proceed to airport for your flight to Istanbul. (Flight Cost not included). After a delicious local lunch, proceed on a visit to Topkapi Palace, which houses various museums. End the day with a visit to the famous Grand Covered Bazaar (closed on Sundays) dating back to the 15th century. It covers over 4,000 shops under one roof. Enjoy an Indian dinner tonight.
Overnight in Istanbul. (B, LL, D)
Day 14: Visit St. Sophia, Visit Byzantine Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Spice Market. Enjoy Bosphorus Cruise.
After breakfast at the hotel, proceed on full day city tour of Istanbul. Visits the St. Sophia museum (closed on Mondays), Byzantine Hippodrome, in which stand the obelisk brought from Egypt by Theodosius and the Serpent Column taken from Delphi by Constantine. Also visit the Blue Mosque (closed to visit on Friday mornings due to Friday Pray) (VISIT FROM OUTSIDE ONLY), Pls note, Blue Mosque will be under renovation for around 2 years. Due, to which it will be visited from outside only.. It has six minarets and a middle dome of 109 feet. After lunch proceed on a cruise along the Bosphorus, the winding strait separating Europe & Asia. Along the shores see a delightful mixture of the past and the present, as well as the grand splendor and quaint beauty of the ancient wooden villas, palaces of marble, fortresses and small fishing villages. The rest of the evening is free at leisure. Tonight enjoy an Indian dinner.
Overnight in Istanbul. (B, LL, D)
Day 15: Farewell !
Breakfast at the hotel. Check out and proceed to the airport at 1000hrs for your flight back home. Kindly make your own arrangement if you are unable to join this departure due to your flight timings. Return home with wonderful memories of your Greece & Turkey Vacation with Airtours Holidays! (B)
Start Planning Now
Get in touch with us to book this vacation or customize it if you have your own group.